Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compressors
Some amazing compressors in pedal format available for guitarists live.  These are my favourites!

Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Deluxe
This is the closest you can get to an 1176 in a pedal. Low noise, amazing sound. Enhances the tone in a 3D way.  Has the DRY knob which is a mix/blend knob, allowing you to mix the original signal in -- allowing parallel compression. 

[Image: Cali76-CD-Origin-Effects-Analogue-Boutiq...440&1c7440]

Dark Glass Super Symmetry
This is made for bass guitar, but works well on many instruments. It has really good low-end. It will roll the highs a little, so some people say it is a little dark, but I like a lot of my lead and solo tones to be darker and smooth, so this is great.   Has a blend knob for parallel comp.

[Image: Super-Symmetry.png]

Suhr Koji Comp
The Koji is an all-around great comp. Low noise, good comp range, with a voice switch that enhances specific frequencies.  The mix knob enables parallel compression. 

[Image: koji-front.jpg]

MXR Studio Compressor M76
This is also a 1176 clone. Not as complete as the Cali76, but very good, with metering.  No blend knob.

[Image: 11076000001.MAIN.jpg]

Keeley Compressor Plus 4-knob
The classic Ross comp but now with a blend knob. 

[Image: 02-20-2018-Compressor-Plus-Front-e1524683483950.jpg]

There's also a Canadian version, available at Cosmo Music.  I like the way this version looks, with the all-metal knobs. 

[Image: FSEFKEEKCOMPPCE_1_3.jpg]