Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tc electronic pedals -- bargain
The latest pedals from tc electronic seem to be inspired from Behringer (they share the same parent company). But now the pedals are all metal, built much better, and are only slightly higher in price to the Behringer stuff. This makes them pretty competitive to the Chinese manufacturers (probably all made by the same guys anyways ...). The two I like are:

1. Mojomojo. Paul Gilbert uses this, so how can you not like this? For only $50 USD? Incredible!

[Image: MOJOMOJO-OVERDRIVE_P0CLV_Top_L.png]

2. Dark Matter. very much like the Mojomojo, but higher gain. I bet it's very similar in circuit, but with higher gain stages and/or clipping elements. Also only $50 USD!

[Image: DARK-MATTER-DISTORTION_P0CLP_Front_L.png]

Note that I think that the Dark Matter is only one of many parts that contribute to getting this EJ tone -- which in my opinion is simply the best I have ever heard from anybody trying to copy both the song and the tone. It sounds like EJ playing!  Chelsea Constable is amazing. The Suhr amp has a lot to do with it, as well as all the tone controls. Note to get the EJ tone, you sometimes boost the treble initially to get the distortion you want, but cut it dramatically at the end.  Almost all the tone controls you see in his signal chain has the bass up and treble dialed back.